Thursday, August 19, 2010

Looking for movie recommendation; but something other than mainstream fare...?

I see lots of movies every year. I see somewhere around 100 new movies every year plus another 75-100 on DVD. As you can imagine, I've seen most of the mainstream stuff released by the studios.





I'm looking for recommendations of movies that are not so mainstream. Movies that might not have played in thousands of theatres and made tens of millions of dollars.





For what it's worth, I started watching Dogville tonight and I don't think I'm going to be able to finish it. But I'll give it another 20-30 minutes before I give up. I also started watching Spider a couple nights ago, but I don't think I was in the right frame of mind for that kind of movie.

Looking for movie recommendation; but something other than mainstream fare...?
Some of my indie favorites:


Heathers


Welcome to the Dollhouse


Elephant


November


The House of Yes


The Daytrippers


Citizen Ruth





I like really, really dark comedies though....so if those aren't your thing, my list may not help much.


No comments:

Post a Comment