Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Movie Title?!? A father, daughter, and son own a hotel on beach after mother dies because it was mom's dream?

The kids did the house keeping because they were tight on money and I think he wore his roller blades while he did it because he wanted to be a kid, but was forced to work.





This use to be a movie I saw on tv all the time when i was really young, so I have no clue what or who is in the movie.





The movie is from the late 80's/ early 90's.





First person to get correct answer gets best answer... i promise





good luck and thanks








the bad guy of the movie may have been someone trying to buy the hotel and the family felt forced to due to tight on money... i am not sure if they did





kid may have skateboard... hotel may have been named the flamingo... i remember a bus in the parking lot....... but each of these things might be completely wrong

Movie Title?!? A father, daughter, and son own a hotel on beach after mother dies because it was mom's dream?
"Safe Harbor" is a short-lived TV series from 1999. A widower and his children live in a motel. Gregory Harrison played the lead role in a cast that also included Rue McClanahan, Christopher Khayman Lee, Chyler Leigh, Jamie Martin, Jeremy Lelliott (later in the cast of "Seventh Heaven"), Jamie Williams, Orlando Brown.


.


IMDB synopsis:


A widowed sheriff and his three sons live with his mother at the motel she owns. {Uh oh! This isn't a son and daughter!}





This is from the TVGuide site:


A single father tries to raise his three sons while working as a sheriff in a Florida community. Assisting him at home (a former motel) is his eccentric mother, a former magician's assistant.


http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/safe-harb...


This page has descriptions of the 10 episodes:


http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.as...





Here's a picture of the cast:


http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-5085





I could be very wrong and might have mistaken the description since the kid count is off. I'll keep looking, just in case. I know this is later than what you guess, but I seem to recall one of the boys using rollerblades to speed up doing chores.





Let me check a film title that just came to mind. Perhaps that will hit the mark. For a moment, I wondered if it was "The Hotel New Hampshire" (1984), but it's so weird, I'm sure that you would have mentioned some of that strangeness.





I've just checked a long list of movies set in hotels but didn't come up with anything that comes close. I'm sorry that I couldn't help. I really thought that this sounded like that series.


No comments:

Post a Comment